How Can a Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Attorney Help Me
- Our RSD lawyers will make sure you are adequately compensated for your pain and suffering, short-term medical care, long-term medical care, lost wages, and the costs of medication you need;
- Our RSD legal team will identify expert witnesses to identify the causes of your condition and help you recover;
- Our RSD attorneys will draft and file all court documents for you;
- Our RSD lawyers will advocate for you in court;
- Our RSD attorneys will vigorously litigate against the individual or the companies that caused you harm;
- The Schwarz & Schwarz RSD attorneys will negotiate for the best settlement possible for you.
Necessary Steps to Winning an RSD Lawsuit
Show That You Have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
Your RSD lawyer will obtain information about your accident as well as the defective or dangerous equipment, machinery, product, or workplace condition which caused your RSD injury and symptoms. Our RSD lawyers will also obtain the relevant medical records to understand the causes of your RSD injury and condition.
Prove that an Accident Caused Your RSD
This is not easy, but from years of experience we understand what is needed to show the connection between the accident you had and your suffering from RSD.
Using your accident, background, history, and medical records, our attorneys will look to establish that your RSD as a result of your accident. Medical experts must opine that the type of accident you were in caused the injuries you suffered, or the treatment you received led to RSD.
Prove that Your Accident Was Caused By Someone’s Negligence
Our RSD lawyers must identify and establish that the defendant’s negligence resulted in the dangerous or unsafe equipment, product, machinery, or workplace condition that caused your RSD. This will require an investigation, gathering witnesses, procuring accident reports, and identifying and obtaining documents showing ownership, agency, and insurance.
Show How Your RSD Impacts Your Life
You are in the best position to describe how your RSD limits you and your pain and suffering. Our attorneys will gather records showing your past and ongoing medical treatment and as well as the economic harm you have suffered.
What is RSD?
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), also called regional pain syndrome, may be caused by trauma to the central or peripheral nervous system due to injury or treatment for an injury.
Another theory about the cause of RSD rests in the response of the sympathetic nervous system to an injury. When you are injured, your sympathetic nervous system directs your blood vessels to constrict so you don’t lose too much blood, then it tells them to open back up so that blood can reach the damaged tissue and begin to repair it. When your sympathetic nervous system turns on after an injury but doesn’t turn off, this can cause pain, swelling, and redness at the site of your injury.
Those who suffer from RSD most commonly experience chronic pain in the affected area that is much more severe than the pain caused by injury itself. RSD sufferers describe their pain as aching, burning, deep, or throbbing.
Those with RSD may also experience:
- Recurring infections of the skin
- Difficulty or pain with movement
- Muscle weakness or spasms
- Stiff joints
- Skin discoloration Neurological symptoms
- Increased or decreased perspiration
- Short-term memory problems
- Emotional imbalance